Audition notices for individual productions and for annual City-Wide Auditions are posted here, on our social media pages, through the New Orleans Theater Network (www.nola-theater.com) and with AEA. Check back regularly for updates. To be added to our mailing list to receive press releases about open calls, sign up and join the “employment and auditions” list!
No auditions currently posted. Sign up for our audition email list to hear about them first.
Marketing Manager: Southern Rep Theatre seeks a Marketing Manager to conduct marketing for the 2019-2020 Mainstage season and promote events on the Lagniappe Stage in the Sanctuary Bar and for the theater’s community programs such as Care for Creatives and Arts Education. The Marketing Manager will also market the theater for rentals and develop and implement a strategy for overall institutional marketing of Southern Rep in greater New Orleans and nationwide. The ideal candidate will be creative, responsive, organized, and bold; will work well both independently and with various personalities; and will be strategic, tactical and resourceful to grow Southern Rep’s audience and donor base, increase rentals, and build the theater’s brand.
- Develop and steward the annual marketing plan in coordination with management, production, development, patron services, and publicist
- Develop marketing material including print and digital graphics and photos for all production and events as needed, working with contract graphic designers and creating companion assets
- Place advertising, working with all outlets to optimize placement and opportunities
- Analyze marketing channels, lists and data and segment and test these for optimized messaging
- Create content for and send weekly newsletters and manage productivity of email marketing
- Assemble content and layout for all programs and facilitate advertising sales in programs
- Manage social media accounts, posting regularly and fostering growth in social channels
- Maintain and update the website including upgrading the site’s analytics
- Coordinate photo and video shoots for events and select photos with production, management and publicist for media and in-house usage
- Conduct regular reporting and analysis to provide insight into performance of various marketing channels and adjust tactics accordingly
- Develop marketing partnerships and in-kind channels
- Place listings for all events and optimize placements by programming and intended audience
- Hire and manage marketing intern(s)
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years marketing experience, preferred experience with digital channels and venue promotion
- Must be creative, resourceful and detail oriented
- Demonstrated graphic design expertise with Adobe products is required
- Excellent communication and writing skills essential
- Experience with Facebook advertising and social media promotion preferred
- Nonprofit arts experience is not necessary
This is a full-time position with benefits including paid time off, health and dental. Events are often in the evenings and nighttime hours and occasional weekends are expected.
Please submit resumes and a writing and graphic design sample to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted for work samples and/or interviews.
Southern Rep Theatre is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Southern Rep Theatre is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and seeks diversity in its workforce. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY EMAIL. NO PHONE CALLS, WALK-INS, OR APPLICATIONS BY MAIL WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Fall/Winter Public Relations/Marketing Intern: Southern Rep is currently seeking a public relations/marketing intern. The ideal candidate possesses a passion for the arts, thrives in a high paced work environment, has excellent problem-solving skills, and is self-motivated. We’re looking for someone who has a great eye for graphic & web design and wants to learn more about marketing & PR in an entertainment/arts setting.
- Proficient across all social media platforms
- High technical aptitude
- Graphic design, video editing and web development experience a big plus
- Help update website
- Craft social media posts and oversee social calendar
- Help design programs for all mainstage productions
- Help create and schedule email blasts
- Clerical and organizational duties
- Help ideating strategic plans with teammates
- Research and develop relationships with local media and potential partnerships
- Other special projects
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a little bit about yourself.