Employment and Auditions
Audition notices for individual productions and for annual City-Wide Auditions are posted here, on our social media pages, through the New Orleans Theater Network (www.nola-theater.com) and with AEA.
Check back regularly for updates. To be added to our mailing list to receive press releases about open calls, sign up and join the “employment and auditions” list!
POSTED MAY 17, 2018: Announcing 2018-19 Season Auditions – AEA & open call for select roles.
- Auditions are open to the public.
- Actors’ Equity Association (AEA) auditions will be held Tuesday, May 22 from 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
- Non-Equity actors may attend the Open Call auditions on Tuesday, May 22, first come, first served, from 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM.
- Southern Rep is committed to diverse casting, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, body type, etc.
- Equity Membership Candidate Program (EMC) points available
- All roles are paid.
- AEA Small Professional Theatre Contract
- Please see below for sides:
- Please bring two (2) copies of headshot and resume to the audition.
- NO PHONE CALLS.
- Callbacks will take place on May 23. Only those who are called back will be notified with details.
- AUDITION LOCATION: Loyola University New Orleans, 6363 St. Charles Avenue, Monroe Hall, Room 603, Sixth Floor
A DOLL’S HOUSE, PART 2 by Lucas Hnath
Performance Dates: September 19 – October 7, 2018
Rehearsal begins August 28, 2018
THE WOLVES by Sarah DeLappe
Performance Dates: January 9 – 27, 2019
Rehearsal begins December 11, 2018
#11 Midfield. Brainy, morbid, budding elitist, thoughtful. Seventeen.
#25 Defense, Captain. Classic (ex)coach’s daughter. Seventeen.
#13 Midfield. Stoner, older pot dealer brother, into her wackiness. Sixteen.
#46 Bench. New girl. Awkward, different, just wants to fit in. Sixteen.
#2 Defense. Innocent, unlucky, kind, skinny. Sixteen.
#7 Striker. Too cool for school. Sarcastic, “fuck”, thick eyeliner. Almost seventeen.
#14 Midfield. #7’s insecure sidekick. Just switched to contacts. Sixteen.
#8 Defense. Childlike and determined to stay that way. Sixteen.
#00 Goalie. Intense performance anxiety, perfectionist, high achiever. Seventeen.
AZUL by Christina Quintana
Performance Dates: March 27 – April 14, 2019
Rehearsal begins March 6, 2019
ZELIA (pronounced Zel-ya) – daughter, mid thirties, Cuban-American (American born) – doubles as ANTONIA (pronounced An-toen-yuh), Nena’s lover/partner
YADRA (pronounced Yah-druh) – mother, sixties, Cuban-American (Cuban born) – doubles as YOUNG YADRA (9 years old) & ESTER (Pronounced E(s)-tair), eighties, a lifelong resident of Santiago de Cuba
LORE (pronounced Lor-ay) – wife, mid thirties, Puerto Rican (PR born/raised) – doubles as NENA (pronounced Neh-nuh), Yadra’s aunt who remained in Cuba