Frequently Asked Questions
Everything you always wanted to know and were clearly unafraid to ask!
Parking, Location, & Accessibility
- Where can I park? // How much does it cost?
Southern Rep patrons can park for free in the West Road garage on campus for mainstage performances. You may also be able to find street parking near campus on St. Charles Avenue or side streets. Please be attentive to any posted restrictions for street parking, and do not use the Loyola horseshoe lot!
- How do I get to Southern Rep?
- Our venues vary by performance.
- Is Southern Rep accessible to persons with disabilities?
- Absolutely! All performances are general admission — however, we happily make accommodations to those with accessibility needs. Give our box office a call at 522-6545 to discuss your specific circumstances.
- Can I exchange my tickets for a different date?
- Yes! All tickets are exchangeable, for a $5 fee per ticket. The fee will be waived for Southern Rep Members. Call the box office to handle your exchange.
- Can I view a seating chart?
- All of our current venues are general admission.
- How do I reach the box office?
- Call 504-522-6545 between 2-5pm, Tuesday-Friday OR email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is there a service fee?
- We charge a $2 service fee per ticket, as well as a $1 transaction fee per order.
- I purchased a subscription / membership. How do I get my tickets?
- Before each mainstage performance goes on sale to the public, we send out an email to our Membership holders with information on how to redeem their tickets. Respond to that email with your date choice, seating requests, and any other parties who you may be attending with! If you did not receive an email, please reach out to the box office at email@example.com.
- Is there a dress code? NO! Dress up or down as you please! Folks’ll be in jeans and in ties and anything they like.
- Will I be seated if I’m late? We do our very best to accommodate latecomers, but our ability to do so varies with each show, and is ultimately the discretion of house management. We cannot guarantee your reserved seat (subscribers) or timely entry for latecomers; please give yourself ample time to find the venue and get settled. Call us in advance if you have any questions – we are here to help!
- Are children permitted at performances? Well-behaved humans of any age are welcome, but many of our plays include language or subject matter that may be challenging. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any specific questions about content.
- What is Southern Rep’s policy for phones & cameras? Absolutely not permitted. Taking photos/videos of the production is grounds for ejection. For the consideration of those around you, please make sure your phone is OFF or on silent during the performance.
- When & Where are panels, talkbacks, and Lagniappe performances? This varies depending on venue, but it is typically adjacent to the performance space. At Loyola, talkbacks & panels are inside Marquette Theatre and Lagniappe performances are directly outside the entrance to the theatre, on the second floor outdoor balcony of Marquette Hall.
- How can I advertise my business in Southern Rep’s playbill? Contact PR@southernrep.com for a rate sheet!
- How can I volunteer? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for ushering and other volunteer opportunities.
- How can I submit my play? Inquire with the Literary Manager at email@example.com.
- How can I audition? Stay on top of open call notices here.
- Is Southern Rep a non-profit organization? It sure is! Donations are tax-deductible as permitted by federal law. 72-1088017 is the federal ID. We welcome your support.