Southern Rep Acting Company
Southern Rep Theatre – Acting Company Member Description
Activities: Company members will primarily be working on pop-up performances, in-house readings, 4D readings and performances, and Arts Education productions. Membership does not prohibit seeking acting work outside of Southern Rep Theatre.
Special Qualifications: Company Members are empowered to make their own pathway within our community. As fellow artists we expect and encourage you to be a part of Southern Rep’s ongoing conversations about our programming, the art we make, and how we interact with the New Orleans Community. We want to hear from you!
Time Commitment: This is a one (1) season appointment that begins on September 16, 2017 and ends on June 16, 2018. Company Members are required to be part of one community engagement performance per season. These will be developed in tandem with the Mainstage productions. Company Members are expected to attend all Southern Rep Theatre Mainstage productions, and are encouraged to attend our Lagniappe offerings as well. Company Members are also expected to attend the four free (4) acting workshops provided per season. A detailed company calendar will be provided.
Company Facilitator: Lauren E. Turner, Producer of Community and Artistic Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org
SRT Company Members:
– Are integral members of their community and Southern Rep’s Artistic & Community Engagement activities.
– Provide feedback and suggestions that will increase and enrich community involvement in the art making process.
– Help to build strong community relationships through performances that prioritize relevance to the community in which we serve.
Compensation benefits include:
– One Free ticket and One $15 Companion Ticket to each of the mainstage shows
– 4 acting workshops per season
– Performing in Southern Rep’s community engagement events, in-house readings, and 4D in-progress-rehearsals, and performance
– 25 Travel stipend per actor, for public performances, such as community engagement events and 4D final performances. AEA Actors receive the standard reading rate.
– Networking and development opportunities
– Invitation and Appointment guaranteed for all mainstage production auditions
– Company Member Page in mainstage program and on Southern Rep website
– Invitation to Southern Rep parties and events
– Acting Company T-Shirt
Apply to this posting by completing the application by following this link.
If interested, please submit your application to Lauren E. Turner at email@example.com
no later than Friday, September 1, 2017.
Southern Rep Theatre actively seeks opportunities to engage with ideas, cultures, traditions,
and people that reflect the diversity of our world in order to create relevant, visceral and
authentic theatre experiences for our community. Our commitment to Equity, Diversity and
Inclusion is reflected in ALL of our artistic and administrative practices.